Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Thinking Outside the Juice Box

There are days when I bring on the non-peaceful times myself.  Like, when I shower for example.  Sometimes, I take a shower with the girls at the end of the day.  We have a huge walk- in shower, so it's easy to fit us all, and it kills four birds with one stone.  If I get to a point in the day where I haven't had a chance to shower, I'll just wait until after they eat dinner and we all get clean together.  It's a pain in the ass in some ways, easier in others.  On the one hand it's nice getting everyone cleaned and teeth brushed (yes they brush their teeth in the shower) in 20 minutes, as  opposed to what it usually takes when done individually.  You know, half the day.  But it also means that I have to wash myself quickly so I can move on to them, and get out and dry quickly to again, help them.  So even though it can be a bit of a hassle, some days it's worth it.  Plus, some days it provides me with stories to tell you.   

Monday was one of those days.  I didn't have a chance to shower before picking Sonya up from school.  Then I decided I needed to get some things out of the garage and attic, which would make me sweaty, so no point in doing it before then.  After that we all went outside to the little baby pool and played in the water, while catching whatever rays made it through the 50 spf.  It was a nice day.  

After the girls had dinner we all made the trek to the shower.  I gathered up the essentials needed- towels, toothbrushes, the kids soap and such.  Then I started our shower routine.  I quickly washed, while the girls played in the falling water.  Sonya can wash herself, for the most part. This prompted Lana to want to wash herself too.  Georgia just sat and watched us all, clutching one of the loofahs.  For some reason she loves those things and always wants to hold one while taking a bath or when Andy or I are in the shower. She will crawl over to the shower and point up at it, make the "uuuunnnn" noise, until you give it to her.  It's kinda cute, but a little strange.  I have no idea what's so fascinating about the loofah, but she loves it, so who am I to stand in the way of the loofah love?    

Lana wanted to "wash self", so I gave her some soap on her loofah and she started scrubbing her legs.  Then I told her to wash her tummy and she did.  Then I said, "Wash you boobies too, Lana."  

She looked at me kinda confused and said very matter of factly, "I don't has any boobies."

"Yes, you do," I told her.  "They're just small right now."

She looked down at herself and then pointed at me and said, "When I get bigga, I has big boobie juice yike mommy has big boobie juice."

"Yes, when you get bigger you will," I agreed with her. 

 Now you might be wondering about this "boobie juice" expression.  Well, I'm pretty sure that's just what Lana thinks boobs are called.  When I used to nurse Georgia, Lana would ask what Georgia was doing and I would tell her she was having her boobie juice.  In the past week she's made a couple comments about her chest or mine and she's referred to it as "boobie juice" every time.  However, I'm thinking this may become a problem when she gets older.  See, I'm pretty sure my kid is excited to get boobs someday, but not because they'll make her feel attractive or like a woman, but because she'll have her own personal supply of juice anytime she wants.  


No comments: