Thursday, November 26, 2009

Forever Thankful

This morning I was in the kitchen getting the girls breakfast and I had the TV on NBC in preparation for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, one of my most favorite things to watch all year.  The Today Show was on, and they were doing a story about kids who they've featured over the past few years who were diagnosed with horrible cancers.  They were reporting how they all were today.  It was  sort of a shout out for St Jude's Children's Hospital.   All of the kids they had done stories on were alive and thriving, except one.  I don't know what it is about the holidays or stories like this, maybe a combo of both, but all of a sudden there I was sobbing into my bowl of Mini Wheats.  I felt so badly for those poor kids to have to go through something so terrible so young, and for those families who suffered along beside them.  As much as I bitch about my girls on this blog, I am ever so thankful, especially today, to have three healthy, happy, beautiful girls.  I consider myself very lucky and blessed.  I hope all of you have something you feel just as thankful for and I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: