Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Louder Than Liquid Plumber

Over the weekend we had our plumber out here to check out, well, our plumbing. We've been having drainage issues. We had him come out with one of those nifty cameras that goes underground and explores the pipes. To make a long story short, we have some serious issues with some old pipes and they need to be replaced. Just how we want to spend thousands of dollars! Thanks 70 year old house!

Anyway, the plumbers have been here the past couple days working on it, under the house. Throughout the day we'll hear them banging on a pipe or talking to each other. It is kinda weird to hear that coming from under your house. The girls have gotten a little spooked from time to time, but I've assured them it's just the plumbers working.

Just a little while ago, I was sitting here reading my email. Sonya was sitting next to me working on her homework, and we could hear the guys under the house talking to each other and banging on pipes again. Sonya kept asking me if I was hitting something or kicking something.

"No, Sonya," I explained for the 30th time. "That's the plumbers who are working under the house you're hearing."

She was quiet for a minute and we both heard them talking again. Then she turned to me and said,

"I sure hope they're not playing under there." I immediately laughed out loud. She defended her statement, "No really mom! Because that would be dangerous!"

I guess I can't argue with logic.


No comments: