Thursday, November 11, 2010

She Works Hard For the Money, Oh Wait...

Tomorrow is Sonya's 6th birthday.  SIX!  I can't believe it!  When did I get here?  It's just hard to believe that I've been doing this job for the past six years.  The funny thing is I thought it was going to get EASIER at some point.  Stop laughing, mom.  Okay sure, it is easier in some ways.   I don't have to wake up to feed a baby in the middle of the night anymore and there is only one child left in diapers, but in other ways it's much, MUCH harder.


After the past three days I just had, I think I would much rather be holed up in my house with an infant who wants to eat every 2-3 hours, and poops twice as much.  Since Monday, I haven't spent more than an hour at home  from the time I've gotten up until around 7pm at night.  What could a stay at home mom possibly be doing all day?   Well... I've spent my days picking up and dropping off the girls at school, library time, gymnastics, violin, Girl Scouts, the dentist and the doctor.  We had a reception at Sonya's school on Tuesday night for a contest she entered, for which I volunteered to make cookies in all my spare time.  Then I had a meeting in the middle of the day yesterday for the parent adult education classes I take Georgia to, for which I had to bring a casserole, since it was a pot luck lunch.  Also done in my endless amounts of spare time.  Oh yeah, and  I took the girls to a  Fundraiser dinner last night (by myself) to Bob's Big Boy, where I lost my credit card.  THAT was a treat. (It was later recovered though. Whew!)  All this culminating to Georgia throwing up at bedtime last night and then again at 12:30 in the morning, 12:45 and around 1am.  I was up with her and the pukey laundry until 2:15 this morning.  Not to mention all my day to day house duties, which continued to mock me.  As much as Andy helps when he's around, or I make him help, he was not here for any of this.  Well, except the after midnight throw ups when he kept GG occupied as I changed the sheets in her crib three times.


So yeah, not easier.  In fact after six years, I'm pretty sure I deserve a raise.

No comments: