Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Splish Splash

My friend, BethAnnDoddKoehn, has a season's pass to Legoland.  A couple weeks ago she generously offered to take the girls and me for free, because she had some free guest passes that came with her season pass.  Since this is summer and I have the girls ALL DAY, EVERY DAY right now AND it was free, I said "Hell's yeah!" So yesterday we went.

We have been to Legoland once before when my in-laws were here in March.  It's fun for the kids who are around the age of my girls.  Too young and they can't really do anything, and once they hit ten or eleven that place is going to be "soooo boooorring".  I can hear it already.  Right now though, it's perfect.  The rides are geared toward mostly 4-10 year olds.  They also have a splash area.  Beth told me beforehand to pack the girls bathing suits and towels, because her two love playing over there.

As soon as we got to Legoland Beth's son, Wyatt, started talking about the splash area.  He was getting Sonya psyched up for it and Georgia was in, but every time it was mentioned Lana would immediately say,

"I don wan to go to dat."

"Fine, Lana you don't have to," I told her.

Then someone would mention going over there again and Lana would make sure everyone definitely knew she was NOT doing that part of the park.  Not that she had ANY idea what it was.  I remember seeing it when we were there with my in-laws, but since it was our first time there and it was cool in March, we didn't pay much attention to it.  Even though, she had never been before, she knew she didn't want any part of it.  I wasn't going to argue.  The others could play and she could sit with us.  One less kid to get dressed in and out of a bathing suit.

This went on for the first two hours we were there.  We would ride something, Wyatt would mention the splash area, Lana would say she wasn't going.  We ate lunch, splash area, not going.  THEN we got to the splash area.  Lana took one look at it, turned around and yelled to me,

"I WANT TO GO IN THERE!!"

Then she proceeded to whip off her shirt and wait for me to help her get bathing suit on.   They played at least half an hour, longer than Beth's kids, who originally couldn't wait to get there.  Lana was in there longer than anyone and I had to drag her out.

It was by far the highlight of her day.

Thanks Miss BethAnnDoddKoehn for taking us.  We had a blast!




1 comment:

The Screwer Upper said...

Yeah. My kids that bragged about how they love the splash area...the ones that were in the water for about half a second and then were "freezing" (In the 75 degree weather. Ugh. Hey, why didn't you share any of those "other" pics that you too in the splash area? hee hee We had a great time!

-BADK