Wednesday, December 7, 2011

From The Mouths of Babes

Sooo, things are a tad crazy around here again.  This week is just chaos for me, mostly because of the Christmas party Andy and I are throwing Saturday night, but also because we are finally getting our new heater/AC unit.  I have something I really want to write about and share with you all.  A sad thing that happened over this past weekend, but I just don't have the time right now to devote to it.  In the meantime, I thought I'd share a quick funny Georgia story. Then when my head stops spinning next week and everything in our lives stops breaking down or dying, I will share with you all the story in my head that need to come out.  But for now-Georgia!


First I have to tell you about two words that she uses constantly, that coming from a three year old is cute enough, but then the way she says them... I giggle every time.  The words are, in Georgia language, "Emazing" and "Ennoying".  I'm not sure why she thinks those words start with an E instead of an A, but she does.  She will say things like, "Lana!  That is so ENNOYING!" Or, "Oh my gosh, dose lights are so EMAZING!"  I can't bring myself to correct her.  I love it.


Then there was her comment yesterday, when we dropped Sonya off at piano lessons.  She takes piano from a gay man in Burbank, who's house inside and out is well taken care, nicely decorated and just beautiful.   Not really surprising I suppose.  He and his husband live there with their two boys.  He is awesome and yes, as the house implies, he is your stereotypical gay guy.  Not that there is anything wrong with that!  He is very flamboyant.  Even someone with no gaydar would know this guy is gay and as I said, he has impeccable taste.  Think Cam from Modern Family.  Sonya absolutely adores him and loves going to piano.   I only tell you about all this gayness,  because it makes what Georgia said that much funnier.


When we drove up yesterday, we noticed they had decorated their house for Christmas.  For some reason, people seem to think throwing up any lights they have on their house in any formation as long as their house is illuminated, is okay.  In other words, most people have tacky light displays.  His house, was, of course, lovely.  It was daytime, and we didn't see it lit up, but you could see how it was layed out and there was garland and decorations that were overall, tasteful.  The girls and I were all commenting on how they had decorated for Christmas and how pretty it was.  Then as we were getting ready to drive away, after dropping off Sonya, from the back seat Georgia says,


"Wow!  Dat house looks FANTASTIC!"


Two things- I've never heard her use "fantastic" before that moment, and two- isn't fantastic one of those words people like to use when mimicking stereotypical gay guys?  I think she might have even accented her "s". 

No comments: