Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Valentine

Yesterday Sonya gave me this card from her and her sisters for Valentine's Day:



Now before you see the inside, keep in mind Andy was the one who took them to pick out a card for me.  The same loving husband who gave me a Spanish Valentine's Day card yesterday.  Even though I don't read a word of Spanish.   See, he thinks he's funny, but I went to google translator and now I know exactly what it says.  Okay, it was pretty funny, and the card was sweet.  Although, not as funny as the birthday card he bought me from the "Ebony" line one year, that read "Girl, you know I love you!"  I'm so not kidding.  ANYWAY- Sonya loved this card for me and thought it was so funny so he let her get it.  It IS quite amusing coming from your seven year old daughter:




It says: "Look I got you a Valentine with a pair of "Boo-Bees" on it! Happy Valentine's Day!"

She thought this was hysterical and kept shouting "See!  Boobies!" and pointing to her own chest.  Let's be honest, that word is hysterical to kids her age.  And, just for the record, I could use a new set of boobies myself anyway, so it was kind of an appropriate card.  

The best part of the card is on the right though.  In case you can't read it, Sonya wrote:

"You are as sweet as cake as pretty as a perl, and as kind as a dolphin."

Yup, this is the kind of thing that help to make the talking back, huffing and eye rolling at me worth putting up with. 


1 comment:

Hollyhome said...

AWE:) Boo-Bee's and kind words! That is awesome!