Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teary Eyed

Saturday Andy and I took the girls to see "The Lorax".  Normally, Sonya has baseball on Saturdays, but it was a very rainy day here in Los Angeles, which we needed badly.  So all games were cancelled and we took the opportunity to go to the movies instead.  Lana fared better this time.  There were only a few times she hid her eyes and asked when it was going to be over.  She will like going to the movies yet, dammit!


I thought the movie was good and the message behind it, which is of course the message of the book, is one that I knew would make me a bit emotional.  I get weepy at movies and TV very easily.  I always have, but it seems to have gotten worse since I had the girls.


Toward the end of the movie I could feel myself choking up.  Then I started to get teary eyed, when the last tree was cut down and the Lorax left.  (Sorry if I spoiled it, but it's in the book people!)  Just as I was trying not to cry I heard a sniff come from my right and I looked over to see Sonya completely in tears.  She was close to sobbing by the end.  Once I saw this there was  no way to keep my own tears from flowing.  She and I cried through the last ten minutes of the movie.  It appears I have passed on that sappy, overemotional, crying at movie gene to her.  I'm sure she'll feel just as stupid one day when she finds herself crying over a telephone or dog food commercial.  It's okay, though.  It happens to the best of us!

No comments: