Thursday, July 5, 2012

Patriotic

We had a fun filled fourth of July with our friends yesterday.  We went to their house for swimming and BBQing, then last night we headed to the Starlight Bowl in Burbank for a concert and Fireworks. The girls were excited because they finally got to wear their American dresses they've been dying to put on.







I also made our nails Independence Day ready.




We received more than one comment/compliment on how cute and patriotic the girls looked while we were at the Starlight Bowl last evening. They were super cute, and I swelled with pride at every kind remark that was made.   It was one of those days that I didn't feel like selling my girls.  In fact, I was more than happy to spend the fun filled day with my entire family.  It was also one of those days where I remembered why I wanted to do this job to begin with, and thankful that I've had the opportunity.  Holidays tend to do that to me.   I know there are people in other countries, or even this one, who aren't as fortunate. I know I am one of the lucky ones and for as much complaining as I might do, I am a thousand times more thankful.  Happy Birthday USA!  (Here is where my mom cues  "Proud To Be An American".)

No comments: