Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mommy Brain

I pack the girls' lunch and snack everyday for school.  Well, for Lana and Georgia it's just a snack.  Yesterday, Lana's snack was jello and when I put it in her lunchbox in the morning, I put in one of the plastic kiddie spoons we have.  I reminded her to bring it home, so we wouldn't lose it.  Then yesterday, after school, while I was getting her lunch ready she said to me,

"Mom, I remembered to bring home my spoon."

"Oh good job!  Thanks Lana," I said.

"Yeah. You know you forgot to give me a spoon the other day," she informed me.

"I did?" I asked.  "Sorry girlie!  What did you do?"

"Mrs. Lombardo gave me a plastic spoon," she said.

"Oh good," I said.  "Sorry about that Lana.  Sometimes mommies forget things."

"Yeah," she agreed.  "Sometimes they have no such good brains in their heads."

"Hahaha!" I laughed.  "It's true Lana, sometimes we don't."

That one can be so damn perceptive.

No comments: