Tuesday, October 2, 2012

21 With 19 Years of Experience


Okay I know I'm a little late on this one.  Friday my friend, Melinda, celebrated her big 4-0 birthday.    I felt I had to give her a shout out on here  since she's such a huge part of our lives.  What with all the free babysitting she provides, taking us to Disneyland, being Georgia's Godmother, plus she's a pretty great friend.  We celebrated her birthday at my house on Saturday night with party a few of us threw for her.  It appeared she had a good time, which of course was what we intended.  I think turning 40 can be hard for a lot of us.  I know it probably will be for me. We wanted her to know how loved and appreciated she was and to remember -40 shmorty!  We can still party like a 21 year old!  Well, at least we think we can until the hangover lasts for two days and we discover that we can not.  Still, 40 isn't THAT old these days, right?  Unless you ask a kid under 10.  

The day of Melinda's birthday I had the girls sign a card for her.  The front of it had the number 40 on it.  Georgia, who recognizes her letters and most numbers, saw something different.  

"Mom?  How old is Mewinda gonna be?  Three four or someping??" She asked confused, not recognizing the number.

"No, baby.  That's a 40.  She's going to be 40, " I explained.

Her eyes widened with surprise and she said, "OH-sheesh!  WOW!   Dat's  A LOT!!"  

Sorry Melinda!  I don't think it's that old, but then again  I will be there in a year a half myself.  I suppose to a four year old though, "dat is a lot!"  Especially one who thinks I'm 26.

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday Melinda.  Thanks for always being there for me and my family.  We love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turning 40 isn't that bad, it's all a state of mind (or at least, that is what people say). I had a great weekend, which kicked off with my Sister flying in to surprise me from the east coast and it just kept getting better after that. And most of that is because of my west coast family, thanks for everything!