Monday, June 17, 2013

Spider-Man Strikes Again!

Last weekend we celebrated Georgia's 5th birthday.  As I said in my last post, her birthday isn't until the 28th, but since we will be gone, we celebrated early.  When we talked about what kind of cake and theme she wanted for her birthday this year, I got the same response as I have the past two years,

"Sthpider-Man."

STILL?  Yup, still.  Since we haven't had a big birthday party for her in a while and we were this year, I decided to really Spider-Man it up.  Cake, cupcakes, decorations, invitation, paper goods, the works.  The guests contributed by buying every Spider-Man toy in a 50 mile radius.  Anybody who has a boy come over here to play and thinks he's going to a house full of girl toys would be happily mistaken.

Thank you to everyone for the toys.  She loved them!


Since it was a big party, I had so much to do the night before.  I was making and decorating cupcakes when Sonya asked to help.  I'll be honest.  I have a hard time giving up control over some things and decorating the cake and cupcakes is one of them.  Then I looked around at everything I had left to get done and realized that if I was ever going to get to bed before 1am, I would have to give in.  So I did.  And  you know what-Sonya did a fabulous job.  I forget I have a little artist on my hands, and she did just as good if not better a job than I would have.  She saved me at least an hour of sleep!


Sonya helps out
Proud of her creation

Webbed cupcakes
Here's the guy who kept me up until Midnight.
So yes, we Spider-Maned it up for my Georgia.  The important part is she had a great time and LOVED all the Spiderman everywhere.  I thought perhaps this would be it.  She would see all the decorations and toys she received and think, "Okay-too much.  Maybe I'm done with this Spiderman thing. Back to princesses!"  Nope.  Last week we went to Toys R Us so she could spend her $3 coupon she got from them for her birthday and here is what she pick out:



Yeah-we're not done by a long shot.  Which is fine with me, because we have too many princess things anyway.  Thanks for being our "boy" Georgia.  Happy (early) Birthday!
Face painting also by Sonya

 On a completely different note-I will be taking a break from writing for a of couple weeks.  You might remember me mentioning a cruise?  We leave tomorrow and everyone in my house couldn't be more excited.  I promise to come back with more cruise stories than you will know what to do with.  Bon Voyage!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com