Friday, September 6, 2013

I Can Just Call My Van The Mystery Machine

A couple of nights ago I was having dinner with the girls and we were chatting about their recent ear piercing.  Lana came up with a question I didn't really have an answer to.  

"Where does the skin go from your ear?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, not quite sure what she was talking about.

"Like when they punch the earring through. Where is that skin?  You know like when we punch holes in the paper and a little piece of paper comes out.  What happened to that skin?"

I understood then what she was saying.  She was thinking the ear piercing gun was like a hole punch.  It makes sense actually, and I don't know why I hadn't thought of that before.  Where DID that piece of skin go that got punched out.  I had no idea.  I told her as much.

"That's a good question, Lana," I told her.  "I'm not really sure where the skin goes." I wasn't sure that there was skin that came out at all.  

That's when Georgia looked at me, eyes wide, hands next to her face and fingers waving, much like "Creepy Sandwich", and said in her creepiest voice,

"Itsh a myyyssstthhhttteeewwyyy!" (mystery)

Did I mention their new favorite show lately is Scooby Doo?

No comments: