Thursday, April 3, 2014

Five Going on Fifteen

Most days Andy drops all the girls off at school.  First Sonya goes and then the little two an hour later.  It's kind of a pain in the ass, which is why it's nice Andy doesn't leave for work until 9am so he can help with this part of the day.  Especially because I never have help during the afternoon run around.    On Monday, however, I had to take Lana to a Dr appointment right after their school drop off  (because she was on day 7 of a fever which slightly derailed our Spring Break, but more on that next post) so I decided to take Georgia and drop her off first. That way Andy was able to leave for work a bit earlier.  

Usually when I drop the girls off, I pull up to the curb where the gate is to the school, put the car in park and get out to help the girls out of the car then give them a kiss goodbye.  I don't really need to get out of the car because we have the van with the automatic doors, and I usually don't when I drop Sonya off, but I feel like I need to with the other two.  Like they need the little extra help.  Apparently they don't.  Well at least Georgia doesn't.

I pulled up to the curb outside of the gate on Monday, put the car in park and started to get out when Georgia shouted,

"No, no, no Mom!"

I stopped and turned to look at her, "What?" I asked.

"You don't need to get out," she told me.

"I'm just going to get out and help you and give you a kiss goodbye," I told her.

"No, it's okay.  I can do it.  Just give me a kiss here," she said.

"Ooookkaayy..." I said shutting my driver's side door.

She walked to me from the back gave me a kiss and yelled, "Bye!" Then she hopped out of the car, met up with her friend Julia and skipped off to school.

Huh.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't FIVE a little young to be embarrassed by your mom dropping you off and giving you a kiss goodbye outside of the school?  Not cool, Georgia, not cool.  

No comments: